Please see below for student resources. If you are facing any situation for which you are unable to identify resources, you can reach out directly to Theresa Carroll.
BSN and CNL Peer Tutoring
Peer tutoring is available for A&P, Chemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology I and II, Pathophysiology I and II, and Advanced Pathophysiology. Please contact Kristin Wentland to sign up.
If you are a graduate student in need of tutoring, or, need assistance finding tutoring in other subjects, please contact Kristin Wentland.
- UVaCollab Tips for Attending Class in Zoom
- Tips from UVaCollab including installing and testing Zoom, setting up your space, getting familiar with Zoom, accessibility features, setting your time zone, and more.
- UVA Technology Support Fund: Financial Assistance for Students
- Application for CARES Act funds for eligible students from the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA) and Student Financial Services (SFS).
- Visit the UVA Scholarships & Grants page for instructions and application
- Zoom Backgrounds
- UVA-themed Zoom backgrounds available for download!
- Zoom on a PC or Mac - Student Guide
- Accessing and Using Zoom from a Computer - Student Guide
- Zoom Troubleshooting Tips
- Troubleshooting information for SON students using Zoom.
- Zoom for the iPad - Student Guide
- Accessing and Using Zoom on an iPad - Student Guide
- Library Resources & Off-Grounds Access
- Information about library resources and how to access while off Grounds.
- UVA Library's Research and Writing Cafe
- UVA Library is hosting virtual Research and Writing Cafes, open to all UVA graduate students, postdocs, faculty, and staff. More information and registration on the library calendar.
- UVA Library Welcome to Students
- A welcome to students and information about library services
UVA Student Disability Access Center
SDAC staff are available to meet with students either via Zoom or telephone. Students who are new to SDAC can apply for services online, whereas current SDAC students can either reach out directly to their SDAC Advisor or email SDAC@virginia.edu with their request for an appointment; please make sure to indicate your availability in your email.
For assistance in connecting to the SDAC team, please contact Kristin Wentland.
UVA Student Health and Wellness
- Phone: 434-924-5362 (after-hours: 434-297-4261)
- Nursing Student COVID Screening Protocol
- The UVA Writing Center offers free consultations to all students at the University of Virginia. Students can register for one 25-minute appointment or two back-to-back 25 minute appointments per day. The Writing Consultants work one-on-one with students at every stage of the writing process, including brainstorming, drafting, revising, and more.
- Keep in mind that these appointments are designed to be student-led, so come prepared with topics of concern or questions that you would like to discuss.
- Consultants can help with any kind of writing: essays for classes, conference papers, dissertations/theses, cover letters for applications, personal statements, resumes, etc.
- Please note: consultants cannot proofread or edit for you. They also cannot help students with take-home exams unless the instructor has given explicit permission.
- The UVA Writing Center will operate online in both synchronous (real-time) and asynchronous modes.
- Sign-up is required. Availability is limited, so it is recommended to plan ahead.
- Have Questions or Need Helping Signing Up? Please contact Kristin Wentland.
- Visit the Writing Center for a writing consultation
- SON writing tutors and other writing resources