Please see below for student resources. If you are facing any situation for which you are unable to identify resources, you can reach out directly to Theresa Carroll.
BSN and CNL Peer Tutoring
Peer tutoring is available for A&P, Chemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology I and II, Pathophysiology I and II, and Advanced Pathophysiology. Please contact Jeanie Wangler to sign up.
If you are a graduate student in need of tutoring, or, need assistance finding tutoring in other subjects, please contact Susanne Tomillon.
- Zoom Backgrounds
- UVA-themed Zoom backgrounds available for download!
- Zoom Troubleshooting Tips
- Troubleshooting information for SON students using Zoom.
- Library Resources & Off-Grounds Access
- Information about library resources and how to access while off Grounds.
- UVA Library's Research and Writing Cafe
- UVA Library hosts Research and Writing Cafes, open to all UVA graduate students. More information and registration on the library calendar.
UVA Student Disability Access Center
SDAC staff are available to meet with students either via Zoom or telephone. Students who are new to SDAC can apply for services online, whereas current SDAC students can either reach out directly to their SDAC Advisor or email SDAC@virginia.edu with their request for an appointment; please make sure to indicate your availability in your email.
UVA Student Health and Wellness
Phone: 434-924-5362 (after-hours: 434-297-4261)
- The UVA Writing Center offers free consultations to all students at the University of Virginia. Students can register for one 25-minute appointment or two back-to-back 25 minute appointments per day. The Writing Consultants work one-on-one with students at every stage of the writing process, including brainstorming, drafting, revising, and more.
- Keep in mind that these appointments are designed to be student-led, so come prepared with topics of concern or questions that you would like to discuss.
- Consultants can help with any kind of writing: essays for classes, conference papers, dissertations/theses, cover letters for applications, personal statements, resumes, etc.
- Please note: consultants cannot proofread or edit for you. They also cannot help students with take-home exams unless the instructor has given explicit permission.
- The UVA Writing Center offers in-person and synchronous online consultations and a limited number of asynchronous consultations.
- Sign-up is required. Availability is limited, so it is recommended to plan ahead.
- Have questions or need help signing up? Please contact Jeanie Wangler (undergraduate students) or Susanne Tomillon (graduate students).
- Visit the Writing Center for a writing consultation
- SON writing tutors and other writing resources