School of Nursing Intramural Research Awards in the range of $10-20K
- Purpose: To support preliminary research to increase the strength and success of proposals for significant external funding (e.g. R01, Program projects, U awards or similar scope from RWJ Foundation, PCORI, CDC).
- The principal objective of this intramural research award is to increase the success of proposals for external funding by supporting the collection of preliminary data and work that will contribute to the strength and competitiveness of submitted proposals.
- Applicants for intramural funding must describe the contributions the proposed research will contribute toward advancing the individual's program of research. This must include a specific plan to be competitive for significant extramural funding. The review committee will evaluate outcomes (e.g. manuscripts, proposal submissions) resulting from prior utilization of intramural funds; thus, we ask applicants to detail intramural funding received from the School of Nursing.
- We encourage faculty to think of innovative ways to further develop their research expertise and to increase research productivity. Activities such as developing research consortiums and working with consultants to develop specific skills are also encouraged but can't be the sole purpose of the funding. Collection of primary data or secondary data analysis to prove feasibility of the research project is a critical aspect of any successful proposal.
Submission process and guidelines
- Due date: rolling due date to allow for preparation of grants with different deadlines. Please notify the ONR office that you are submitting an application so that we can review it in a timely fashion.
- Time period for funding: maximum of 1 year.
- Application: Visit the application website to apply and view detailed guidelines and application requirements.