Find a host of rich, rewarding opportunities to participate in student-led organizations, both here and abroad.
- Graduate Nursing Student Organization (GNSO)
- Nursing Student Council (NSC): the NSC is comprised of officers of the Student Association, the class presidents, and a chairperson elected by the student body and is responsible for all student functions within the School.
School of Nursing Governance
Students serve on a variety of standing committees with faculty and peers, including:
- BSN program committee
- MSN-DNP programs committee
- PhD program committee
Non-Affiliated Student Organizations
- Diversity in Nursing for a Better Community†
- Men Advancing Nursing (MAN)†
- National Student Nurses' Association†
- Nursing Students without Borders†
- Perennials for Patients†
- Nursing Christian Fellowship†
Current Student Organization Leaders
- Having an event, meeting, social or fundraiser soon with your organization? Want a reimbursement for your latest expenses for your organization? If so, please register your event with the SON OASS with our new Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/M0s7Bm9HGxKbo04u1.
† - Non-Affiliation Statement for Student Organizations
Although these organizations have members who are UVA students and may have University employees associated or engaged in their activities and affairs, the organizations are not a part of or an agency of the University. They are separate and independent organizations that are responsible for and manage their own activities and affairs. The University does not direct, supervise, or control the organizations and is not responsible for the organizations' contracts, acts, or omissions.