Funded by the Nursing Alumni Association
- Purpose: to provide summer support for tenure track, non-tenured faculty members employed by UVA School of Nursing
- Amount: up to $3,000 is available, and it may be used in conjunction with other SON awards
- Funding period: June 1 through May 31
- Eligibility: awards are made to faculty members employed by UVA School of Nursing
Submission process & guidelines
- Deadline: February 15 of each year
- Requirements: A clear statement of intent, plan of work, set of deliverables, timeline, evaluation plan, budget and timeframe must be included in order to request support.
- Submission: Visit the application website for detailed guidelines and application requirements
The associate dean of research (ADR) reviews applications and makes his/her recommendations to the Dean, who makes the final decision.The ADR notifies the recipient and the Executive Director of Development. The Alumni and Development Office will notify the Alumni Council chair and awards coordinator.
Submit a final report that includes outcomes related to and are a result of the project. This final report will be due June 30 the year after the award is given. Recipients of the Nightingale award are expected to have a proposal ready for submission to an external funding agency in the year following the award. Recipients are also expected to provide the Executive Director of Development with a written description of the work completed.