Supporting faculty professional development
Honoring a beloved former dean and supported by gifts from generous alumni, this is a fund to support professional development of faculty.
- Purpose: a one-year grant to support the School’s research and teaching mission and the professional development of nursing faculty. The funds available for distribution will be equally divided to support research and academic education.
- Eligibility: open to all full-time faculty members of UVA School of Nursing who have completed reports from any previous award(s), have no carry-over funds and are not a senior administrator.
- Funding period: There will be two funding periods: March funding will be July 1 to June 30, October funding will be Jan 1 to Dec 31; note that funding does not carry over into the next fiscal year if the project is not completed as planned. Any unused funds will be returned to the Office of Nursing Research.
- Funded by the Nursing Alumni Association.
Submission process & guidelines
- Deadline: March 1 and October 1 of each year
- Submission: Visit the application website for detailed guidelines and application requirements
To complete an application you will need to include a clear statement of intent, plan of work, set of deliverables, timeline, evaluation plan, budget. Funding does not carry over to the next fiscal year.
In evaluating proposals, the review committee will give preference to projects that demonstrate a contribution to the teaching or research mission of the School of Nursing and or a creative approach to fostering professional development for nursing faculty. Proposals ought to demonstrate completeness, logic and organization, ability of faculty to implement project, and justification of budget.
A one-page, follow-up report must be submitted within 90 days of the funding completion in the electronic application system.